Cape Fear Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW) began this week accepting nominations for the fourth annual Awards of Excellence.
The awards program, scheduled for 11 a.m. Feb. 24 at the Wilmington Convention Center, recognizes excellence and leadership in commercial real estate in Wilmington and the tri-county region of New Hanover, Brunswick and Pender and beyond, including Onslow, Duplin, Sampson, Columbus and Bladen counties.
According to a news release, Cape Fear CREW welcomes submissions and nominations from the public and Cape Fear CREW members, along with their companies, business colleagues and partners.
Cape Fear CREW President Gale Wallace of Clarendon Properties said in the release, “We look forward to seeing all the exciting projects, transactions and initiatives that are shaping our economic growth.”
Nominating a company or submitting projects or deals for consideration is free and the process is now open, with a deadline to submit of Dec. 31.
Links to the nomination forms are located online along with criteria for nominations in the categories of:
- Dealmaker Award, recognizing a person or team who demonstrated excellence, resourcefulness, collaboration and industry best practices while working on a successful transaction.
- Economic and Community Enhancement Award, honoring projects that promote economic development and/or enhance communities by improving quality of life and fostering the overall social and economic interest of those communities.
- Best Design Award, recognizing exceptional design and the intentional and impactful design decisions that were part of a project in the Cape Fear Region.
- Career Advancement for Women Award, recognizing a company or individual who consistently exemplifies Cape Fear CREW’s commitment to elevating the status of women by supporting the advancement of the careers of women and who has shown leadership in encouraging and promoting women within the leadership team. Nominees do not need to be Cape Fear CREW members or work within the commercial real estate industry.
- Best Development Award, recognizing a team who worked together on a development, major renovation, or redevelopment project in the Cape Fear Region that demonstrates excellence in functionality, aesthetics, environmental sensitivity and sustainability and relationship to surroundings.
In addition, there will be two awards nominated and voted on by the Cape Fear CREW Board of Directors:
- Impact Award, recognizing an individual or company who has consistently exemplified the traits of outstanding leadership in the commercial real estate industry and who has made a significant contribution to, and has had a significant positive influence on, the Cape Fear region’s commercial real estate industry.
- Beth Quinn Excellence Award, honoring a Cape Fear CREW member who has demonstrated exceptional dedication and outstanding contributions toward the success of Cape Fear CREW and exemplifies the values and spirit of the late Beth Quinn, a founder of the Cape Fear CREW Chapter and leader within the region’s commercial real estate industry.
Questions about the awards can be directed to [email protected]